Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A Mom Looking Back

A note written by a mom who wishes her two teenage sons had learned some better sleep habits from the start.

"As infants, my boys never slept through the night until they were at least 2 years old. I spent many nights rocking them to sleep, only to have them wake up a few hours later. I walked around like a zombie. As they got older I thought things would get easier, but because I rocked them as infants they didn’t know how to fall asleep without me, fighting with me when it was bedtime – so I sat by their beds until they fell asleep – sometimes falling asleep on the floor before they did. When I see children go willingly up to their rooms for naps and at bedtime it makes me appreciate how important good planning and preparation is. I truly wish I had a sleep consultant around back then."
- Ruth Ann (mom to Zack, 15yrs and Alex, 13yrs)

No comments:

Post a Comment